Top Social

2013 / Thailand / Bangkok (2)

March 22, 2013
After almost 2 weeks, here's the final installment to the mere 2-part photo diary of Bangkok 2013. My only motivation for getting this done asap was the USS trip last week (WHICH I STILL WANNA RELIVE ;~~~;) and I wanna put up those photos too! Heh. Also, only while editing did I realise there is actually an equally hell lot of photos from the final 2 days in Bangkok, as there is for the first 2. 

So here are days 3 and 4, which were spent around Siam, Asiatique, Terminal 21 and Thonglo Soi 13~ The iPhone also strikes again because well, 120g versus 1200g for shopping - it's a no brainer right?

Siam Center

Terminal 21



/


D A Y 0 3
Sunday / 17 Feb 2013

iPhone only because this day was dedicated to shopping and I do not fancy lugging a 2kg bulky camera around with me while shopping, especially not after carrying some 7kg worth of loots and stuff on me the day before. Anyway! I only got 1 dress from Platinum on this day which I previously eyed back in December but didn't get. So this time I got it - and for more than half the price off! ^^v

Moving on, I spent the afternoon wandering around Siam Center and Siam Paragon by myself~ Siam Center is so pretty!!! 

I bought this thinking it was 'moet lin pyah' (a Burmese food) but it's nothing like that! And not in a good way because the insides were meant to be "uncooked" while 'moet lin pyah' has cooked insides, and different fillings. Sigh. Thai iced tea was amazing though!


Pretty shopfronts in Siam Center #1 and #2~

Pretty shopfront in Siam Center #3 ~


Pretty FOOD REPUBLIC!!! Why are the ones in Sg nothing like that?! Not that I would visit it though, not after spending some whopping 9$ on mere 菜饭 at Vivo's. 




Right) From some mini pop-art exhibition in the mall. No other photos bc I don't think I was supposed to take photos oops!


As already Instagrammed~ Also tweeted (did I?) that the mall was too mainstream for washrooms. They were only located on the topmost and bottom-most floors. 

Red velvet pancakes with blueberry cheesecake ice cream! This was DELICIOUS, in spite of its small serving size.

This is just a randomass photo of Magnum Cafe which I find fascinating because 1) wow Magnum Cafe??!, 2) there was a long queue for the cafe which I would say is comparable to... a queue at the betting booths in SG.

We went to Asiatique at night! And that ferris wheel's real. I think it costs about 100 baht (S$4) a ride.





Doesn't seem interesting from photos, but the place was actually somewhat interesting. Surely it must be if you have to take a ferry to cross the river to get there, right?


D A Y 0 4 
Monday / 18 Feb 2013

We headed to Terminal 21 after breakfast~ As its name suggests, it's modeled after an airport terminal and each floor is themed after an iconic capital of the world.


We started with Level 4 - Istanbul!




The washroom! As the entry progresses, you will see more themed washrooms. 


Level 3 - London~ 




Okay the washroom on this level was pretty meh, but this was the decor right outside the washroom.


Level 2 - Tokyo~





Oh, what's a Japanese-themed floor without such machines right?


Washroom mirrors! Thought this was really cute back then, now it just seems scary LOL.


Level M Paris ~






Left) Washroom mirrors
Right) Entrance to the washroom


No this is not Parisian but a hugeass lighthouse sprouting from the basement which has the Caribbean theme.


Level 1 Rome~




Oops bad spot to take a panoramic shot but you get the idea.




I like this washroom the best!!!


Basement - Caribbean




Random crepes that we can find in SG too but are just pretty to look at anywhere anyway






Took the elevator back up to Level 5 - San Francisco!


The SF bridge!


唐人街~










Level 6 San Francisco (Harbour Pier)
Yea the staff have themed uniforms too, that is to say, there were "London guards" walking around on the aforementioned London floor!


I waited for so damn long and this girl was preening herself for equally as long, sigh. Anyhoo, this is one of the few normal-ish photos of mirrors where you can see my reflection ;)








Level 7 Hollywood
Naturally, the movie theatre was located on this level.


I like this washroom too!!! This must be my second fave haha.


LUNCH WAS CRAZY. Wth these pancakes look soooooo innocent but they're actually overly thick and about 2 out of 4 pancakes through, I was starting to feel really sick already. Still, I am one to finish every grain of rice and so I persisted... forced down every bite... and even bought a cup of cappuccino to ease digestion.... but eventually gave up on the final half a pancake. You win, pancakes. You win.






And this was the river which the hotel, Bangkok Venice, we stayed at was named after, haha.

Verdict? That's about enough Bangkok for now...
Post Comment
Post a Comment