Top Social

2013 / Thailand / Bangkok (1)

March 11, 2013
Finally, I have put together this post after painstakingly editing the photos individually some time back. This post by itself is rather image-heavy, so photos of day 3 and 4 will be left to the next post... which should come soon, I hope. There are much fewer photos taken on those days anyway. 

So yes, this is the visual documentation of mostly Day 2 - where we spent it at Chatuchak Weekend Market in the day since it was a Saturday, and Rod Fai (Train) Market at night. Day 1... was almost non-existent because we only reached the hotel at 9PM. Still, there are about.. five photos from that night lol. 


Chatuchak Weekend Market


Rod Fai Night Market


/

D A Y 0 1
Friday / 15 Feb 2013


Obligatory shots of the hotel room~


Dinner on our first night! Which was actually meh...



/

D A Y 0 2
Saturday / 16 Feb 2013


This shot is actually nice *_*


#ootd lol. I look like a giant. And yes I bought stuff within like 15 mins of entering the place.


MINIATURES!!!


MORE CUTE MINIATURES!!!!!!!!


THIS IS MY FAVOURITE PHOTO it's so going into my portfolio... for whatever haha.
IF ANYBODY IS READING THIS, CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS IS PORTFOLIO-WORTHY? AND MAYBE THAT FIRST PHOTO FOR DAY 2 TOO?


Left) I guess you could say we reached pretty early


Pretty shop #1 ~


Pretty shop #2 ~




HERE COMES THE WEIRD SHOPS:

Left) An ENTIRE shop dedicated to army shiz (which wouldn't be weird if it was in Beach Rd's Army Market)
Right) An ENTIRE shop dedicated to pretty serviettes/napkins... the depicted is just a mere teeny selection from their wide array of designs. 


An ENTIRE shop dedicated to knives. There are all the 武侠片 swords in different sizes hanging up there and 菜刀s in different sizes as well, and probably with handles of different materials, all packaged beautifully laid out below. Wtf. That shit cray.


Nah this ain't weird - we're just back to REALLY CUTE MINIATURES. Just look at that intricacy!


Look!!!!!


And then there is a shop exploding with flowers...


... and a wall in the art area of Chatuchak! I spot Gandhi, Marilyn Monroe, Mona Lisa, Sean Connery...?, Batman, Charlie Chaplin, The Terminator, Bob Marley, Elvis Presley and Chairman Mao. In retrospect, I should have whipped out my phone to take a panoramic shot of this wall to spot more people appreciate it in full glory.


More people to spot! Lol. I see Al Pacino aaaand.... I'm not really interested in the rest whoops.


This was where I was sucked into - the vintage section of Chatuchak *~* Ironically I only got 1 dress from this section (because I have a shit ton of clothes, by my own standards for myself). Still awesome to go through stuff nevertheless.


I'm sorry dude.




Chatuchak by night... we didn't go back deliberately. Here's what happened:
1) We went to Ladphrao in search for Ratchada Night Market but the dude at the MRT told us to go to Chatuchak instead.
2) We asked the dude at the MRT where Ratchada was and he said it has closed down already and we should check out the one at Rod Fai. He told us to follow the crowd.
3) We followed the crowd and found ourselves in what we thought was Rod Fai, but only realised so after like a banana crepe and 15 minutes later.
4) Eventually, we asked real people on the streets for directions and walked quite a distance before finally reaching Rod Fai.

Anyway, Chatuchak by night was still cool. I saw stuff that I'd sooooo like to get but I didn't, or rather, COULDN'T because I had run out of cash. Spent 'em all earlier in the day buying all sorts of stuff, including minature teapot sets and miniature flower pots... that's not surprising, right?




Super cool food stall at Rod Fai! The weird thing below is due to lights near that area... ah... otherwise this is going into my portfolio for godknowswhat.


See what I meant by the lights?


Unlike Chatuchak which seriously has a wide array of things (pots, flowers, pets, KNIVES, ARMY SHIZ, SERVIETTES, etc.), the stalls in Rod Fai had a common theme of vintage stuff.


THAT projector was projecting THAT vintage Disney cartoon! In retrospect (again), I should have whipped out my phone to take a panoramic shot of this whole setup... 

... which I didn't - because I took the following video! A video which isn't fantastic and definitely shows how I'll never make it to film making but hell, it serves its basic purpose of just being a moving picture! So here you go:










Such pretty & appropriate type ;~;


Pretty settings in the shops in the train station itself!






Just doing whatever the hell you want #1


More pretty & appropriate types ;~;




Left) Just doing whatever the hell you want #2 (He was playing with his kid btw)
Right) Somehow find this apt to put beside the photo on the left

Here comes vintage Coke stuff (!!!) :

Vending machine *_*


Vintage lamps! Vintage posters! Vintage postcards!
Man I probably should have gotten those postcards. They'd look swell on my white walls, complementing my red wall.


Coke decorations! With 2 Rolleiflex cameras!


Vinyls and a jukebox *_*




Left) Fascinating old hugeass TV
Right) Fascinating old phones


A wild petrol kiosk pump (?) has appeared! There were actually a few more of these around the train station.






Here's a bokehlicious photo of a meh-tasting dessert to abruptly end this post!

6 comments on "2013 / Thailand / Bangkok (1)"
  1. Omg Bangkok is so cool AND I LOVE YOUR FAVOURITE PICTURE IT'S MY FAVOURITE PICTURE TOO PUT IT IN YOUR PORTFOLIO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw what lense did you use?? Prime lens?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In that photo, yes prime lens. I used kit lens too for other photos~

      Delete
  3. You and Grace both look so pretty ~-~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that yellow light shit at the bottom of the photo makes it look really pretty wtf AND YOU MAKE BKK LOOK SO PRETTY other people's photos all look so hot and dirty and sticky and smelly LOL.

    ReplyDelete