Top Social

It's May already?

May 5, 2013
That leaves us some three months before uni starts. Wait w-what? THREE months!? Dang, the past four months have totally passed in a whirl.

So re: uni, with my less-than-average grades, I obviously couldn't afford to put all my eggs in one basket and hence sent out apps to all three local universities - got 2 offers, 1 of which is for my second choice, and 1 rejection. Well damn, that sucks. But wait, here's the interesting part - for that one offer which I got my first choice, I got the best offer I could get, i.e. I'm just short of finding a bloody horse head on my bed one morning because HELL YEAH, the school made me an offer I can't refuse. In all seriousness, it really is the best offer I could get - The One that I'd accept eventually if I had gotten all three offers. Even without comparison to the other schools, it's a course beyond my standards. It's no law or double degree programme, but still one that's way out of my league. Hee, I'm just so glad and excited to have a school :D :D :D *dances around* 

Other serious things in life rn probably include the DISC behavioural assessment I took last week at work. The results showed that I'm a somewhat high D, very low I, high S and C. Basically, my graph looked like this, and the descriptions on Wikipedia seem more helpful than the one on that page... "High 'S' individuals... tend to be unemotional and poker faced" THIS IS, LITERALLY, THE STORY OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!! Now I feel like my completely anti-social face can be backed up by some sort of scientific research that had been conducted for years or sth. I'm not trying to undermine the analysis at all because the results are very true... but still, this amuses me to no end.

Oh and I'm sick. It went from sore throat > fever > more fever > lotsa phlegm > less phlegm but still coughing. I'm at the last stage right now. Stupid flu made me miss Ying's birthday celebration :(

Oh oh and I'm officially jobless (and soon penniless). Still no regrets on quitting though.

.
..
...

IT'S MAY.

OF COURSE THE MOST IMPORTANT THING RIGHT NOW HAS GOTTA BE THE GREAT GATSBY'S MOVIE RELEASE THIS COMING 16TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHH *FLAILS HELPLESSLY* 1) I'm proud to say I have reread the book in preparation for it heh. 2) The soundtrack is nothing short of amazing - I particularly like the incorporation of the green light in Florence + the Machine's Over The Love. 3) GEMMA WARD'S IN IT!!!! Idec if she's just a "languid girl" omg I feel like even the calefares supporting roles are A+. Look, Amitabh Bachman as Wolfshiem? They even got Bollywood's A-lister in it haha.


2 comments on "It's May already?"