Top Social

Food

January 7, 2013


Strangers' Reunion w Grace & Doro

I don't think they liked the place, definitely not Doro :( Strangers' Reunion must be one of my favourite corners of the island now. I find it to be a cosy place. Some A LOT of places have awkward tensions in the air but this quaint little cafe actually has a comfortable atmosphere that awkward me likes to be in. Or maybe it was just the company from my first visit. Anyhow, I like this place.






Tiong Bahru Bakery w Bella & JF

I think we're jumping on the bandwagon and sourcing all these cafes to have... well uhm... pastries/desserts because we always meet at weird times. We wanted to go WL but damn, I found out it's closed till next week. We settled for TBB which was rather accessible for me bc it's right behind my bus stop? Oh oh omg I need to record this for my future reference: when I was about to alight, JF called to say he saw me on the bus!! I was so shocked because a few hundred metres before the bus stop, the bus was on the CTE! How could anybody have seen me on an expressway right!? Furthermore, I wasn't sitting on the left side of the bus which is nearer to the road and where I could have been more easily spotted. I find this very interesting and I'm sure future me will continue to be amazed by this. Anyway I think this is a generally inaccessible place, which led to Bella bringing up the point that one of us should go learn driving so that we can access all these ulu parts of the world island. One of us probably should.

On to the food!! Lemon Tart aside, nothing looks appetising. Hell, that Almond & Chocolate Croissant in the top right hand corner looks like a freaking piece of fried chicken. But that was my favourite of 'em all! Not only because it was the cheapest lol but also because it tasted the most normal. It's the same reason JF ranked it his least favourite though... "ranked" because he later ranks the Lemon Tart as his least favourite because it's too sour. It really is too sour, and too sweet at the same time if that's possible. I probably prefer "muted" flavours, like that of the Croissant, and definitely so after eating the really sweet Brownie and Apple Crumble. (What is the point of this review? I have no idea. Dear future self, you probably will never want to go back to TBB again. You're welcome.)

Ten years ago, I honestly didn't think this is what we'd be doing today - meeting up for tea breaks at awkward timings. LOL and I think it is very likely that we are going to continue meeting up at weird times of the day for "tea breaks" given our schedules. I doubt I have come to terms with the fact that we've known each other for twelve years now. That's insane. That's two-thirds of our lives AND a proportion that will continue increasing as the years go by!!

Here's to an abrupt ending - cheers. 
2 comments on "Food"
  1. Replies
    1. :'''( Okay la now got improvement got go Timbre!!! We paid 10$ each ^^

      Delete