Top Social

Current Skincare Routine

January 31, 2016
I don't really doodle because I'm a psycho who wants to achieve perfection. This might also be far-fetched, but I seriously think too much math boxed up my thinking... This is an attempt to break free from that - to accept (extreme) imperfections and to encourage flexibility.

Inspired by the one too many skincare videos and posts I've seen lately, this is my current nightly routine. I haven't had new products in a while so... I guess this logs what I've used since December!



1. Follow Me Cleansing Milk

I've had this for 2 years (yikes) bc I didn't like it at first. It's recommended to wipe off the oil-based cleanser with a towel/paper towel after leaving it on for 2-3 mins. The need for the towel was too much of a hassle so I stopped using it. Recently I went back to it in a bid to finish it, but used water to rinse off instead. It worked. So I'm good. And it's good. 

2. Hada Labo Face Wash

Following up to the above cleansing milk to rid of any remaining residue~ Picked this up on a whim and I quite like how gentle it is - no tightness after washing!

3. Clarins Exfoliator Brightening Toner

Chemical exfoliator > mechanical exfoliator. This toner contains glycolic, salicylic and tartaric acid (AHA/BHA) which rids of dead skin cells ever so gently. Plus, I like how this toner in particular is not drying and even moisturising!

* Alternatives: Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner, COSRX Blackhead Power Liquid

4. The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

All that's need to reduce redness of that nasty pimple, really.

5. Queen Helen Mint Julep Mask

Great as a clay mask to be used 1-2x a week. Even better as a spot treatment to dry out the nuisance of a pimple and bring it to a head!

6a. Shiseido Ibuki Refining Moisturiser

Only cream-based moisturiser I've ever tried actually, but I love it for the nights when my face is severely lacking in hydration. In the day time, I much prefer a gel-based one (like Shiseido Pureness Moisturizing Gel-Cream). It gets absorbed into the skin much faster and better, and doesn't leave any greasy feeling throughout the day.

6b. COSRX Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask

Though marketed as a sleeping mask, I've been using it as a daily moisturiser anyways. It's a notch up the once-hyped Laneige sleeping mask imo and lies in between a gel and cream consistency. Works just as great as a wash-off mask to plump up your skin before makeup!


WITH THAT, I HOPE I DOODLE MORE THIS YEAR!!11
Post Comment
Post a Comment