Top Social

2015 / A different side of Bangkok

February 20, 2016

 Bangkok, Thailand





Even though I've been to Bangkok a couple of times now, I'd never traveled out of central Bangkok where all the shopping and eating happen. And I wouldn't have, if not for an elective I took in university that called for this field trip. It was a full week of temples after temples, learning the history of Thai art from the Ayutthayan period to modern days. These places of worship all lay in west Bangkok in Thonburi, the opposite bank of the Chao Praya River to the malls and night markets we're all so familiar with. As tiring as it sounds, it was an eye-opening experience to learn a bit of their history in politics and religion through art in this shopping capital of Southeast Asia.










  





























I guess this will be the last of my Asian holiday visual diary for now! While I do have some more from Bangkok (yes, again!) and Yangon from 2015 to put up, those would have to be put on hold since I just shared the same cities recently. But... in a fortnight's time, I will get to add a new label – Europe – to the blog yay!

Post Comment
Post a Comment